Your dental blog serves two powerful purposes: First, it is an immensely effective tool for connecting with patients and potential new clients online. Second, the fresh new content you regularly upload to your blog lets Google and other search engines know that your website is relevant! In today’s post, we will share our motivating tips for better blogging so you can grow your bottom line!
- Create interesting, informative content. Many of our clients report this to be their number-one hurdle! Once you’ve made blogging for your dental practice a priority, you’ll be on the lookout for topics and likely be surprised at how many you come up with! A few we favor include: the dental health/systemic health link, your involvement in industry events or conferences, news from the ADA, CE courses you’ve attended, updates to your facilities, charity involvement, local news, and oral hygiene tips! Also, don’t be afraid to revisit topics you’ve already blogged about. Do you have suggestions of your own? We’d love to hear them in the comments section below.
- Choose attention-grabbing images. Each blog entry you upload should include at least one appropriate picture. For a detailed instructional on choosing great images that are effective and safe to use, click here.
- Keywords are key! Your blog entries should be seasoned with keywords that help search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! match your site with potential new patients searching in your area. We invite clients of Roadside who are scratching their heads right now to contact us today for advice on which keywords to feature.
- Motivate the reader with thoughtful calls to action. Tell your readers exactly what they should do with the information you just presented them! Using the direct approach will pay off. “Contact our office now at (555)123-4567!” “Click here to view our Portfolio of stunning full mouth reconstruction cases.” “Schedule your next exam and cleaning appointment today.”
- Don’t get discouraged. If your readership doesn’t grow as quickly as you’d first hoped, or if reader participation seems lacking, just keep on blogging! Adding the fresh, new content to your blog regularly has tangible long-term benefits, as search engines recognize and reward your efforts with increased page rankings.
- Call in some professional help! We at Roadside Multimedia love to see dental blogs written by the dentist or team. When you invest the time and resources in handling your dental blogging in-house, it results in blog posts that are written with the unique personality of your office. However, we also understand that not every dental practice can spare the valuable staff hours spent on writing. Whatever the case may be, be sure to contact Roadside today to learn about our blogging and social media packages and learn what we can do to help you rock your blog!